Be a PAL!
How can you be a PAL, you may ask? #OhPrinChat lets you join colleagues from across the state for rich discussions- without even leaving your couch!
This month’s topic, Let’s Be PAL’s! Principals Advocating with Legislators, goes right along with the Principal for a Day program that was highlighted in an IASP blogpost found here.
Given the tremendous impact that legislators have on public education, it simply stands to reason that educators need to be purposeful about building positive relationships with these influential individuals. Join OAESA and colleagues across the state for an enlightening discussion on how to connect with legislators, promote the good in our schools, and help shape pro-education policies.
Join the chat: Sept. 3, 8:00-9:00 PM
- Q1: Have you ever hosted a legislator in your school?
- Q2: What would you be most eager to share about your school with a legislator?
- Q3: What other stakeholders within your district might you team with to make a legislator visit more impactful?
- Q4: How could you include the public/parents in the visit?
- Q5: Share some ideas of how you might team up with legislators so there is a public “Marketing” of the partnership?
- Q6: Moderator Mystery Question
How to Twitter Chat
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Use the search bar to find #ohprinchat. Sort your feed by “Latest” so you can follow the conversation live.
- Tweet your answers to the questions, making sure to include #ohprinchat so everyone can see your responses.
- Make sure to follow the other chatters. It’s a great way to intentionally connect!